[Pharo-project] [Vm-dev] Re: Trying to build alien plugin in linux

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Mon Feb 22 18:21:23 UTC 2010

I've loaded VMMaker into a new Pharo image and it produces an interpreter that I can successfully compile. After loading VMMaker, ObjectMemory baseHeaderSize is nil as expected: BaseHeaderSize and BytesPerWord are initialized through #initializeWithBytesToWord:, which is called by #generateInterpreterFile. Hence, both variables are nil until VMMaker is run the first time.

Cheers,
Adrian