[Vm-dev] Re: VM overwrites extraVmMemory value with junk on 64 bit image

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Jan 17 00:14:34 UTC 2010

extraVmMemory was an option for macintosh os 9 and earlier machines.  Say September 27, 1996 era machines.
In checking the flow of this variable it's actually ignored by macintosh VM since the early part of the last decade.

I'd suggest the slot is marked as reserved/obsolete, and the extraVmMemory removed. I note the extraVmMemory
is a vm parm value so we can't drop it directly without effecting index, but it can be marked as obsolete.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882