[Vm-dev] [Fwd: Image file loading]

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jan 20 22:21:42 UTC 2010

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Why one should wait , downloading the whole image, only after that to
> discover that image format is not compatible
> with interpreter, or not enough memory etc etc?

Because your use case is purely hypothetical. You are talking about this
as if it was the most common thing to run incompatible images over slow
network connections. But it's not. The use case you're describing simply
doesn't exist and won't for any foreseeable time.

I'm more than willing to revisit this issue once we have a *some*
evidence that this is an actual issue but up until that point let's
avoid solving problems we don't actually have.

Cheers,
   - Andreas