[Vm-dev] Re: Uploaded squeak-vm 3.11.3

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:31:34 UTC 2010

On Thursday 28 January 2010 10:08:11 am Eliot Miranda wrote:
> So while attractive in the abstract I think making the generated sources
> purely an intermediate form is a mistake.  In this case If It Ain't Broke
> Don't Fix It.
The issue is a practical one for Debian packagers. From copyright and
licensing viewpoints should the generated files be considered "source" or
"intermediate"? If it is a source file, then where can one find the
corresponding copyright and license terms?

BTW, I found the necessary information in platforms/unix/doc/ directory
(HowToBuildFromSource.*, COPYRIGHT and LICENSE files). I assume these should be
sufficient to answer the queries raised in the bug report.

Subbu