[Vm-dev] Merging SqueakVM and CogVM

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Jul 7 22:11:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 11:22:33PM +0200, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> I was wondering about how this will be done. Will it be done? If so, is
> there a plan for it? I saw that Eliot added Juan's BitBlt fixes to Cog,
> but that's only one of the many enhancements of the SqueakVM "branch".

That's a very good question, thanks for opening the discussion.

Personally, I do not have a good sense of how this should be handled.
I expect that we will want to keep the traditional SqueakVM alive
and healthy for at least a few years into the future, but I do not
know if it is better to merge it with the StackVM, or just let it
be separatedly maintained for some period of time.

Does anyone have some perspective or recommendations on how this
might best be handled?