[squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] Cryptography in the main image andPlugins build for the VMs

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Sat Jul 10 13:44:49 UTC 2010

Hi All,

As a reminder we did register to allow US developers to contribute and for
anyone to download the code from SqueakSource (and google).
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/cryptography/2006-January/000121
.html

What this does not do is allow users to download the main image from
anywhere else.

http://forum.world.st/UPDATE-Notification-of-publicly-available-cryptography
-code-td133064.html

If we decide to make the code available in the main image then there are two
things to consider.  First it needs to be registered.  Second it could make
distributing Squeak more difficult for end users of Squeak in the United
States that want to send the code outside the US.  Downloading the code from
these locations from anywhere is allowed but downloading packaging and
sending your final product somewhere is not covered.

I am not a lawyer so please get proper legal advice before exporting any
cryptographic code.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum
Teleplace