[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Tracing on Linux

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Mon Jul 12 06:55:48 UTC 2010

Hi Bill,

If you are on a system with DTrace support you can use its function entry and function return probes (http://wikis.sun.com/display/DTrace/pid+Provider) to see what is going on in the C code. In case it helps to link this information with Smalltalk execution, you can use the Squeak/Pharo probes as described in my blog http://adrian-lienhard.ch/blog.

Cheers,
Adrian