[Vm-dev] What generates disabledPlugins.c?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jul 22 11:55:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 08:49:19PM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> But the more serious issue is that the configure in VMMaker is only suitable
> for linux.  I guess that the right thing to do for FreeBSD is to run make in
> platforms/unix/config to generate a FreeBSD-specific configure.  But I'm out
> of my depth when it comes to autoconf.

Note that Ian moved to CMake for the unix builds, so autoconf is no longer
used for building from the SVN trunk. In addition, Geoffroy Couprie has
developed this further such that the VM can be built for both unix and
Windows targets, see thread here:

 http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2010-May/004574.html

It's up to Ian and Andreas to say if they want to pursue this direction,
but if you need the Cog build process to be more platform independent
this would be a good thing to consider.