[Vm-dev] Re: Cog on Linux

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 21:42:21 UTC 2010

Hi Eliot,
> just looks like the OS/run-time is not letting the program set a handler for
> SIGUSR2 and/or not allowing it to be caught.  This is a deal breaker.  Why
> it's happening I don't know, but currently Cog's heartbeat on linux depends
> on being able to catch SIGUSR2.
>
> HTH
> Eliot

 From reading this:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man7/signal.7.html

it looks like Ubuntu defaults to terminate the program on SIGUSR2.

Would it be appropriate to use sigaction() somewhere in the VM code to
override the OS's default setting for SIGUSR2?  I think you could change
it from terminate to ignore.

http://opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908775/xsh/sigaction.html

For SIGUSR2 the int sig value is 12

Or do you know if its an environment setting I can change?

Thanks for your help

Paul