[Vm-dev] Building the VM on windows

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 11:13:21 UTC 2010

From: "Levente Uzonyi" <leves at elte.hu>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 6:30 AM
To: "Squeak Virtual Machine Development Discussion"
<vm-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: [Vm-dev] Building the VM on windows

> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010, Rob Withers wrote:
>

>> I am having problems with the DESPlugin in Cog.   I am now trying to test
>> in
>
> How did you build the plugin with Cog?

I built under Cygwin, for Windows.  I also built under linux, but I haven't
figured out the headless script to run testcases yet.

Under Cygwin, I svn the latest platforms, source, and cygwinbuild
directories.  I start a cog image and update the Collections, Kernal, System
and VMMaker to the latest for Cog (VMMaker to oscog.25).  I load
Cryptography and the latest CryptographyPlugins packages through Montecello
(CryptographyPlugins to rww.4).  I generate the sources using Eliot's
script.  I edit the squeak.int and squeak.ext and move the following to
squeak.ext:

DESPlugin \
DSAPrims \
MD5Plugin \
SHA256Plugin \

I run make.  I take the resulting plugins for Crypto and drop them in my Cog
directory.

HTH,
Rob