Switching (back) to MSVC (Re: [Vm-dev] What generates disabledPlugins.c?0

Marco Schmidt Marco.Schmidt at Taugamma.de
Sat Jul 24 18:03:52 UTC 2010

I had build the VM under Win32 with the compiler from MS VS 2005 in
the past. It was a sort of fun to debug BitBlt-code under the really
good studio debugger. The speed was the same as under gcc 2.?? coming
with the standard build tools for win32. But I have no hard facts at
hand anymore.

Using the studio as build environment had the only problem of missing
solution files. I manually configured the solutions at these time.
But today I'm using CMake for other projects. And I generate my
Makefiles, my XCode project, Eclipse-workspaces and  VS-Solutions from
a single project description on at the moment four platforms. This is
very effective (for me) an we have at least a working
cmake-infrastructure under Linux/Unix.

Marco