[Vm-dev] Cog/Windows/Squeak trunk issue reported on Mantis 7552: Trying to update the image provided with the cog vm crashes on trunk updates]

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jul 31 15:19:31 UTC 2010

FYI, the following new bug report is on Mantis, pertaining to Windows
Cog VM interaction with Squeak trunk update mechanism.

Dave

----- Forwarded message from box-admins at lists.squeakfoundation.org -----

To: lewis at mail.msen.com
Subject: [Squeak 0007552]: Trying to update the image provided with the cog vm crashes on trunk updates
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 18:05:22 +0000
From: box-admins at lists.squeakfoundation.org

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7552
Reported By:                jgonis
Assigned To:                lewis
Project:                    Squeak
Issue ID:                   7552
Category:                   VM
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   crash
Date Submitted:             07-30-2010 18:05 UTC
Last Modified:              07-30-2010 18:05 UTC
I grabbed the latest Windows Cog VM from
http://squeakvm.org/win32/experimental/ and inside is a default Squeak v4.1
image.  Setting the update location to http://source.squeak.org/trunk and
then trying to update the image results in a VM crash.  I have attached the
crash.dmp file.  This crash always happens on update and always when trying
to process the same update.  Please let me know if I can provide any more
information.

Thanks for your efforts.

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
07-30-10 18:05  jgonis         New Issue
07-30-10 18:05  jgonis         Status                   new => assigned
07-30-10 18:05  jgonis         Assigned To               => lewis
07-30-10 18:05  jgonis         File Added: crash.dmp