[Vm-dev] Re: could not find module vm-display-X11

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 07:17:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 8:43 AM, spiralofhope <spiralofhope at lavabit.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 00:39:34 +0200
> Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I cc'ed vm mailing list that maybe they can help you.
>
> Just a quick note that I've subscribed to this list to make
> communication less complex.
>
> I'm going to explore Squeak to try to reproduce this issue with it.
> Maybe if I can get Squeak working I'll learn enough to get Pharo
> working.

The VM is the same so if you can open a Squeak image you can also open a
Pharo image.

You can try last vm binaries found here: http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/. For
example take
http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-4.0.3.2202-linux_i386.tar.gz,
extract the archive, cd into it and type:

./bin/squeak /path/to/pharo_or_squeak.image

Is there a virtualbox/qemu/vmware image of the Linux distro you use so we
can try ?

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

<http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/>