[Vm-dev] A couple of memory management related questions

ungar at mac.com ungar at mac.com
Tue Jun 15 22:00:39 UTC 2010

Can't resist the following unproductive comment:  Object pinning? Ugh!!

I realize you probably, after much thought, have decided you cannot avoid pinning, but its consequences scare the you-know-what out of me.

If you supported one class per object, then you could get rid of the identityHash field in the header, by making it an instance method. ;-)
Oh wait a minute, since classes are objects, you would need oops larger than 64-bits each. ;-)

- David