[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] COG crash while recompiling

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 02:43:24 UTC 2010

Hi Nicolas,

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Nicolas Cellier <

> I got several crash dump while recompiling some classes.
> For example try to load
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/SUnit-dtl.79.mcz in a cog image.

I've tracked this down to the primitive trace log, traceInterpreterPrim,
which is causing GC failures.  I'm intending to delete this code anyway but
before I do so I want to understand the bug, which may take a little time.
 So as a quick fix you could edit the C source of src/vm/gcc3x-cointerp.c
and src/vm/cointerp.c and delete the function traceInterpreterPrim and its
two calls.

Those of you who want fixes for the simple block crash [ | b | 5 ] value
and/or the GeneratorTest crash can load VMMaker-oscog.14.mcz from
http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker into the VMMaker image,
delete traceInterpreterPrim and its two senders and regenerate the sources.

HTH
Eliot