[Vm-dev] a Cog branch

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jun 25 19:11:38 UTC 2010

On 6/25/2010 2:18 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Maybe you have not developed using a distributed versioning system yet? A DCVS would be for the VM what the trunk process is for the Squeak image.

But the trunk model is powerful because it is *centralized* and because
it *avoids* forking. Don't confuse the technical ability to fork with
*desirability*. What I hear people saying in this discussion is "oh,
this will be so great, we can all just fork like crazy". It is the
attitude about the desirability of forking that I object to.

It is *not* desirable to fork.

Cheers,
   - Andreas