[Vm-dev] a Cog branch

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jun 25 22:04:36 UTC 2010

On 6/25/2010 1:59 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> I really cannot understand your objection.

Yes, I'm obviously doing a bad job formulating my concern :-)

The concern isn't about the utilization of a DVCS. The concern is about
people saying "hurray, now we can finally fork". If we're in a situation
that people feel that way, then we're doing something wrong and it has
nothing to do with the use of a DVCS.

So everyone here explaining to me how great it is to fork is doing
nothing but deepening my concern that we have a real problem and that
the only outcome of a switch to a DVCS is that we'll end up in a
multitude of incompatible forks. Which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Cheers,
   - Andreas