[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] OSCog updated

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 13:05:48 UTC 2010

Hi Lukas,

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Eliot,
>
> Thank you for the quick fix. I can confirm that all 1600 Seaside 3.0
> tests run green now.
>
> However I stil get random crashes when using Seaside through the
> webbrowser. Sometimes it survives 30 requests, sometimes it crashes
> right after the first request. In the console I get:
>
>  nanosleep: Invalid argument
>  Exited with exit code: 1

I suspect this will be the nanosleep in the heartbeat (there are
perror("nanosleep")'s in platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixHeartbeat.c and in
platforms/unix/vm-display/sqUnixXdnd.c.  First step is to add a line number
to perror, e.g.

    perror("nanosleep" " " __stringifyNum(__LINE__))

(__stringifyNum is in platforms/Cross/vm/sqAssert.h)

Then drill down further.  The above is very interesting.  I also see this
occasionally but only on linux.  Any and all unix experts please feel free
to look over my code in platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixHeartbeat.c and see if I've
done anything stupid.