[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] [Squeak 4.0] Mac VM to use for 4.0?

Gary Dunn osp at aloha.com
Tue Mar 9 06:19:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 19:27 -0800, Ronald Spengler wrote:
> Any reason I shouldn't ship "Squeak 64-32 5.4b2.app.zip" with Squeak 4.0?

Is John McIntosh available to ask? That is where I got the VMs I tested,
http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/. (His VM page should get an award
for anonymity.)

In the last tests I ran on a PowerPC iMac 64 - 32 did not do as well as
the older VM. Note the warning about being for testing only.

My results:

Sunday, 28 February 2010, 3:17:45 am, squeak
Unit test results from Gary Dunn, osp at aloha.com

Model Name: iMac G5
Model Identifier: PowerMac8,1
Processor Name: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz
Number Of CPUs: 1
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 600 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.2f4
OS X 10.5.8
Squeak3.11-9371-alpha.image

VM Squeak 64-32 5.4b2.app from ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com
"Only use this VM for testing, it lacks mac menu integration."
2578 run, 2560 passes, 6 expected failures, 10 failures, 1 errors, 1
unexpected passes
run time 16 min.

Failure List
AllocationTest>>#testOneGigAllocation
ClosureCompilerTest>>#testDebuggerTempAccess
ClosureCompilerTest>>#testInjectIntoDecompilations
ClosureCompilerTest>>#testInjectIntoDecompiledDebugs
DebuggerUnwindBug>>#testUnwindDebuggerWithStep
FloatTest>>#testNaNCompare
LocaleTest>>#testIsFontAvailable
MCPackageTest>>#testUnload
ScaledDecimalTest>>#testAsNumberWithSuperfluousDecimalPoint
SqNumberParserTest>>#testFloatGradualUnderflow
SqNumberParserTest>>#testFloatPrintString

Error List
SMDependencyTest>>#test2

VM Squeak 4.2.2beta1U.app
2578 run, 2555 passes, 7 expected failures, 15 failures, 1 errors, 0
unexpected passes
run time 15 min.

Failure List
BitBltTest>>#testAllAlphasRgbAdd