[Vm-dev] VMMaker small problem for pharo developper

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Fri Mar 19 10:08:50 UTC 2010

On Mar 19, 2010, at 10:53 23AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 19.03.2010, at 10:44, Henrik Johansen wrote:
>>

>> the method will probably be renamed again in Pharo, to #primFindSubstring:in:startingAt:matchTable:
>
> I see no compelling reason why we shouldn't just apply the same refactoring to Squeak? KISS ;)
>
> - Bert -

It doesn't solve the problem of hardcoded references from Plugins to the core image in the long run, but that'd certainly be a simple solution. :D

The reason I didn't propose it is I didn't want to be seen as forcing Squeak to change just because Pharo changed.
 (Although, as should be clear from the previous mails I think it's a superior solution to what is in Squeak now)

VMMaker would have to be changed either way to stay compatible :)

Cheers,
Henry