[Vm-dev] unix start scripts, pwd and error

Markus Lampert markuslampert at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 01:16:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest VM (Squeak-3.11.3.2135-linux_i386.tar.gz) from the website and installed it.

I remember having a discussion a few months ago about certain unix setup issues (to do with symbolic links) and 'error' as a utility.

I can't remember the solution for error (which isn't available under Linux (debian)), but I remember that instead of just calling 'pwd' to determine the 'bindir' we changed it to 'pwd -P', which is portable to all UNIX variants (at the time) and also deals correctly with symbolic links. These changes don't seem to have made it into the current vm download.

Did those changes not make it in (yet) or am I looking in the wrong places?

Have fun,
Markus