[Vm-dev] Running Alien on Windows

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue May 4 00:46:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 08:32:19PM +0200, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> David wrote in [1]
> >I added Alien functions to VMMaker on SqueakSource:
>
> Thanks for the integration. So what is the next logical step
> to get Alien for Windows?
> Does it just mean Andreas has to build a new VM version?

I did not try building on Windows, but IIUC the answer is yes. If any
intrepid VM builders with a Windows PC and a Pharo image can build the
plugin and confirm that it works, that would be helpful :)

I would note also that the plugin builds on Unix/Linux but it is not
clear if the resulting plugin actually works correctly. Confirmation
would be helpful (probably this needs a Pharo person to check).