[Vm-dev] Re: Freetype plugin archive

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Tue May 11 08:57:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I think you're right. I will add this description.
>>
>> Indeed, with easy_squeakvm script you have reproducibility (all is
>> automated, explicit svn rev. and ConfigurationOfVMMaker).
>>

> Yes, it is reproduceable. But it is the same, in the Conf version, I need
> the version of easy_squeakvm script as you will commit after.

? 1 version of easy_squeakvm uses automatically the right squeakvm revision
and the right version of ConfigurationOfVMMaker. So the reference is
not ConfigurationOfVMMaker nor squeakvm sources, but easy_squeakvm itself.

> easy_squeakvm  is linux specific...so I would put the svn version, not
> easy_squeakvm script  ;)

Yes it's true. But I think it's easily portable to MacOSX as it's a Unix
system.

As there's some work on the Windows VM build to use CMake if I understand,
with cygwin we can have it too.

And then we can automatically generate the One-Click archive from scratch ;p

I can tag easy_squeakvm 1.0 for Pharo 1.0, easy_squeakvm 1.1 for Pharo 1.1
and so on.

Laurent Laffont.