[Vm-dev] Re: latest vmmaker wont run with pharo 1.1.1 (dev)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Nov 11 13:11:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:43:57PM +0100, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> Den 09.11.2010 03:41, skrev Andreas Raab:
> >  Thanks. Looks like a problem in extracting string arguments in
> > translated primitives. I've attached a change set with a
> > fix. This adds an additional check for char* arguments in translated
> > prims to ensure that they're actually byte objects.
> >

> > Cheers,
> >   - Andreas
> Sorry for sort of dropping of the map and not providing any feedback
> sooner, work got real hectic this week.
> Nice solution though! Looking forward to seeing it included, I'll make
> sure all the safeguards in Pharo are removed and the method reverted
> once the new VMs are in distribution :D

Andreas' fix is now in VMMaker on SqueakSource, and Eliot is adding it
to the cog branch, so this will be in all of the future VM builds. If
you can follow up on removing the Pharo safeguards, that would be
great. You would probably want to do that early next year after the
updated VMs are in general circulation.

Thanks,