[Vm-dev] how to map bytecodes to methods?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:44:24 UTC 2010

Hi. I am new with all these stuff. My problem is how to map bytecodes
numbers to methods.

For example, if in a method I send #class  and see the bytecodes I can see
it has a "C7", which in decimal is 199.
If I see Interpreter class >> initializeBytecodeTable    then in 199 I see
#bytecodePrimClass  which is correct.

Now....I want to go in the OTHER direction. For example, I have changed
something in #bytecodePrimValueWithArg  and I would like to know WHICH
method from the image side, generates that bytecode.
Ok, sometimes it is intuitive, but sometimes more or less...

Thanks

Mariano