[Vm-dev] Mix & match plugin and interpreter in Cog

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 01:44:53 UTC 2010

On 6 October 2010 04:25, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> You could do it with the generation expression.  Either have two copies, one of which excludes it (e.g.)
> VMMaker
> generate: CoInterpreter
> to: (FileDirectory default / '../src') fullName
> platformDir: (FileDirectory default / '../platforms') fullName
> excluding:#(BrokenPlugin SlangTestPlugin TestOSAPlugin
> FFIPlugin ReentrantARMFFIPlugin ReentrantFFIPlugin ReentrantPPCBEFFIPlugin
> NativeBoostPlugin NewsqueakIA32ABIPlugin NewsqueakIA32ABIPluginAttic)
> or choose the interpreter via a menu and put some logic to test for it being NBCoInterpreter.

Yes, i did exactly as you describing.
I just wondered if there are some way to automate that, like:

SomePlugin>>fitsForInterpreter: interpreterClass ...

And about generated .ext/.int example files, is it normal that some
plugins included multiple times:

>> SqueakFFIPrims \
>> SqueakFFIPrims \
>> SqueakFFIPrims \
>> SqueakFFIPrims \

?
As to me it looks like a bad example to follow :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.