[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker-Igor.Stasenko.37.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Oct 6 18:18:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 09:00:22PM +0300, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 6 October 2010 20:51, Nicolas Cellier
> <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Igor,
> > isn't the convention to add oscog, like VMMaker-oscog-Igor.Stasenko.37
> > ? (not sure about how the dot between first and last names will be
> > interpreted though).
> >

> I'm sorry, but i don't know how to do it.
> Can you tell me how i can change the package name before saving it?

I think that the "oscog" is just Eliot's author initials at the time
he is doing the save. What you are doing should be fine.

The only thing to be careful about - and this has not been a problem
so far - is to be sure that the cog updates keep going in their
current numeric sequence ( ... 35, 36, 37 ...) exactly as you have
done here. That's because the "VMMaker updateFromServer" update
mechanism will pull in the highest numeric version when updating, and
you would not want someone to accidentally load the cog branch when
they just meant to do an update.

So no worries, this looks fine.