[Vm-dev] Problem loading/updating VMMaker

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Sep 20 23:29:12 UTC 2010

On 9/20/2010 3:49 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>> I am using a following script in freshly released squeak 4.2-10382 image:
>>
>> (Smalltalk at: #MCMcmUpdater)
>> updateFromRepositories: #('http://squeaksource.com/VMMaker' )
>>
>> it goes well , but at some point it seems meets a broken mcd file, or
>> it simply does not exists on a server,
>> as a result i get 'can't find EOCD position' error.
>>
>> The troublemaker is:
>>
>> Balloon3D-Plugins-bf.5(ar.4).mcd
>
> The problem is that mcd's are not created by squeaksource.com, so this
> update mechanism doesn't work.

Nope. The problem appears to be a corrupt file on the server. If you
try, e.g.,

WebClient httpGet:
'http://www.squeaksource.com/Balloon3D/Balloon3D-Plugins-bf.5%28ar.4%29.mcd'

the response is a 200 OK, but the *contents* of the .mcd is
"<h1>Error</h1> There has been an internal error.  The system
administrator has been notified.".

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a UI to support deleting the .mcd
file from the server. I could try to upload a new version just to force
the server to go through the process again but I'm not certain if this
will fix it.

Cheers,
   - Andreas