[Vm-dev] Weak finalization enh. are still not integrated into VM(s)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Sep 21 03:20:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 03:28:35AM +0300, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> I am also uploaded a slice of system changes with new classes & rest
> of stuff into inbox:
>

> CollectionsTests-Igor.Stasenko.169
> Collections-Igor.Stasenko.370
> Kernel-Igor.Stasenko.478
> System-Igor.Stasenko.358
>
> note, that despite of these changes, system are still using old
> WeakRegistry instance,
> and obviously 'WeakRegistry default' needs to be modified to be
> replaced with new functionality.

These inbox changes are out of date with respect to the trunk, so
would need to be merged with care. But aside from that, is there
any reason that your changes should *not* be moved into trunk now?
If no objections, then we should include them now.

I understand that the VM changes are not yet available in the
official VMs, but this should be corrected the next time that new
VMs are distributed.