[Vm-dev] Call to Unix experts: how i can obtain a pointers to mmap/dlopen/dlsym functions?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 17:31:16 UTC 2010

On 25 September 2010 20:17, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Unix systems using dlopen et al that's dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT,symbolname).  I don't know what the equivalent, if any, there is on Windows.

On Windows i'm using crtdll.dll , which is C-run-time dymanically
loadable library.
And unless VM compiled using different compiler (not GNU one), i am
pretty sure that this name will remain same.
And there is no 'global symbol namespace' concept in windows. You
always should supply a distinct module handle (be it dll, or
process module).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.