[Vm-dev] Re: Cog takes over .image files on Mac

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Mon Sep 27 20:23:49 UTC 2010

Eliot Miranda-2 wrote:

>> If I open a
>> Finder information dialog on a .image file and set the non-Cog VM to open
>> all .image files, it doesn't work.  I'm using Mac OS 10.6.4.
>
> To work around it do a Get Properties on an image file,
> then use the Open With dropdown to select a different VM and click Change
> All.

Finder information dialog = Get Properties (at least in my world, lol).

So the problem is that Cog associates itself with .image files /in the first
place/, because I never specified that.  Also, trying to change back with
Get Properties has no effect.

I'm having trouble reproducing it, it seems to happen intermittently.  Will
update...

Sean

p.s. what it felt like (i.e. I made up) was happening was that Mac OS X
thought they were the same app, if that helps ;-)