[Vm-dev] Cog: A question about: setInterruptCheckChain()

Derek O'Connell doc at doconnel.f9.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 22:22:04 UTC 2010

  > it is a far more fixed interface that is far harder to evolve
 > Its about making VM more flexible at run-time, not at compile time.

These are exactly my recent thoughts and which led me to get
reacquainted with Forth as the basis for a "re-programmable" plug-in.
It's hard then not to consider a Forth based VM bootstrapped from the
image itself, although I'm not yet sure this is even a sane idea :-) I
wouldn't be surprised if someone has already considered and rejected it.

-D