[Vm-dev] Cmake

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Thu Apr 7 10:13:14 UTC 2011

>can you wait a couple of days (2 or 3) ?

No ;)

OK, looks like I need git. Just found http://gitorious.org/+squeak-vm-developers

And I read
http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr/msg37157.html

Will start from here.

Mariano: I like that you blog about it ... but blog posts get
easily out of context or are outdated over time. What I was
looking for was a "maintained" howto guide for the new cmake/
gitorious stuff (even when it is just a few lines in a readme.

Unfortunately the README on gitorious is just a clone of Elits
README...

What I understand so far:
- Igor moved a copy of SVN to gitorious
- official VMs are still maintained in squeakvm.org SVN repo
  by the usual maintainers
- CMake is only available in Igors fork, is it?

I'm mostly interested on the Win32 VM since I use Squeak/Pharo
there. So another question would be what is the state of
CMake to build the win VM?

And I still dont understand if and how changes transferred
between SVN<->GIT

Bye
T.