[Vm-dev] VM IDE anyone

Marco Schmidt Marco.Schmidt at Taugamma.de
Thu Apr 7 18:39:17 UTC 2011

2011/4/7 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>:

> I have a couple of questions:
> 1) is there a way to know which generator is the default?  I mean if I do  cmake .   which one is taking?
> 2) So...the list of the generators are directly the parameter, aren't they?  example:
>  cmake . -G "Unix Makefiles"
> or
> cmake . -G "KDevelop3 - Unix Makefiles"

Yes -  there is no default generator. You need to pass the generator
on every call to cmake (e.g. cmake . -G"Xcode")

> etc...
>

>> at the end it provides a list of available generators.

This lists the generators available on your current plattform. If you
are on a MacOSX Host you do not get the Visual-Studio generators.

You are linking to a version 2.6 of cmake. The current version is
2.8.4. There is better support for VS2010 and Xcode in the newer
version.

Marco

Q: I have to investigate how to support cross compiling (Linux x86 ->
ARM). Any first hand knowledge out there?