[Vm-dev] Cog build and sqUnixOpenGL.h not found

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 09:30:08 UTC 2011

On 8 April 2011 11:12, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. I was compiling in Linux and I got the erro "The file was not found sqUnixOpenGL.h"
> I easily fixed with
>  sudo apt-get install mesa-common-dev
>
> But then I got:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
>
> and I solve it with this:
>
> delete /usr/lib/libGL.so
> cd /usr/lib/
> sudo ln -s libGL.so.1.2 libGL.so
>
> Finally, and this is my question, I saw a special conf:  CogUnixNoGLConfig  which class comment says: "A slightly modified configuration, which avoids linking with openGL libraries."
> So...my question is...if I would have used that class I would have avoided my problems?
>
> Second, that class CogUnixNoGLConfig that doesn't link to the OpenGL, what it does instead? how this impacts me ?  is there any difference from the performance point of view of the VM or something like that ?

It does what it says. It builds VM which are not linking against
OpenGL, nor using OpenGL headers.
It assumes that the system does not have an opengl library installed.

Certain plugins (like B3D plugin) depend on opengl. But you can build
it as external plugin,
so it could still depen on opengl (and fail to load if system where
you run vm doesn't have opengl library installed)
But VM itself no longer depends on having opengl library, which makes sense.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.