[Pharo-project] [Vm-dev] FW: Debugging Cog crash

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Apr 8 23:08:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Levente,
>
> I follow on why my shell script did not work.  Your instructions got me going, but we still don't have an answer.  The vm is running, but I cannot attach:

Did you follow my instructions? If so, then you don't have to attach at
all, because you started the VM process from gdb, so gdb is attached to
the process already. Just do exactly what I wrote and you'll have what you
need.

If you need more help, then try the following links (first hits for
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&q=how+to+use+gdb btw):
- http://www.unknownroad.com/rtfm/gdbtut/gdbuse.html
- http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~gilpin/tutorial/

Levente