[Vm-dev] VM Maker: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75.mcz

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:36:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 April 2011 17:19,  <squeak-dev-noreply at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Mariano Martínez Peck uploaded a new version of CMakeVMMaker to project
> VM Maker:
> >
> http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker/CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75.mcz

> > Name: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75
> > Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
> > Time: 11 April 2011, 3:19:13 pm
> > UUID: 53eeb0de-f8f5-4bc5-a4c4-2e5e2ae0f6b8
> > Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-IgorStasenko.74
> >
> > There was a problem when we changed the outputDir because the plugins
> were not written there but instead, they were hardcoded. This fixes these
> problem for all Mac OS: carbon and cocoa
> >
> > Now outputDir is working correctly.
> >

> hmm.. i built VMs before pushing the update and everything were working
> fine..

are you sure your "tests" used external plugins?

For carbon vms, you have:

defaultExternalPlugins

    ^ #(
        BochsIA32Plugin
        CroquetPlugin
        ReentrantIA32FFIPlugin "SqueakFFIPrims"
        FloatArrayPlugin
        FloatMathPlugin
        Mpeg3Plugin
        "UnixOSProcessPlugin ?? "
        )

So...I guess that the calls to those primitives should be failing. Sorry for
not detecting that before. Esteban realized that today morning and I fix it
as  soon as I could.

I guess a similar problem is happening in Windows, and this is why I come
back to the original place of outputDit. I guess something is hardcoded,
like it has here. But I don't have time to check in Windows now. I will
check at night if I find it...

> should i update it to use your changes now?

Yes please. And sorry for the noise/problems. You see? I told you I was a
newbie ;)

BTW, are we running some kind of tests in hudson once the VM are builds?
because now we have a new test ;)

Cheers

Mariano

--