[Vm-dev] Now Mac and Unix confs are not hardcoded at all and fully configurable

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:41:16 UTC 2011

Hi guys. After a couple of hours I made the configurations of Mac and Unix
(there are still problems in Windows) totally configurable regarding the
directories. I fixed a couple of hardcoded directories and now you are able
to do:

"The image where this code is being run has to be in a subdirectory of the
git repostiory. Example:
/Users/mariano/Pharo/vm/git/cogVM1/blessed/image"
MTCocoaIOSCogJitDebugConfig  generateWithSources

"The image where this code is being run can be in ANY place"
MTCocoaIOSCogJitDebugConfig new
    srcDir: '/Users/mariano/Pharo/vm/git/cogVM1/blessed/src';
        platformsDir:
'/Users/mariano/Pharo/vm/git/cogVM1/blessed/platforms';
        buildDir: '/Users/mariano/Pharo/vm/git/cogVM1/blessed/build';
   "The resourcesDir:  is only needed for Mac"
   resourcesDir:
'/Users/mariano/Pharo/vm/git/cogVM1/blessed/macbuild/resources';
    outputDir: '/Users/mariano/Pharo/vm/git/cogVM1/blessed/results';
        generateSources;
    generate.

"The image where this code is being run can be in ANY place"
MTCocoaIOSCogJitDebugConfig new
    defaultDirectoriesFromGitDir:
'/Users/mariano/Pharo/vm/git/cogVM1/blessed';
    generateSources;
    generate.

with this last one, i can have my image where I want, I don't need to move
it in a subdirectory of the git repo, and with those lines I can make it
work.
Be careful because I changed several places. If someone could review...

Name: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.83