[Vm-dev] What is exactly the problem when evaluating stuff from Workspace and Cog?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 14:05:18 UTC 2011

Hi. Sorry for my ignorance, but I remember hearing about that evaluating
stuff from a workspace may not be the best choice when we want to test stuff
on Cog. And in fact, today I suffered that. I put a breakpoint in the method
lookup, where the dnu is thrown. And then from a workspace I executed:

TestCase new adasdassad

And didn't stop. Then I put that in a method:

MyClass >> blah
TestCase new asdadsadasda

And did MyClass new blah

and the breakpoint stop....So, can someone explain me what black magic
happens with the Workspace?  is something related to the Compiler evaluation
?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano