[Vm-dev] Order in the Hudson for CogVMs

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 15:27:14 UTC 2011

Hi...I love what you are doing in Hudson, but the Cog part it is quite a
mess right now. I would love to see some organization.

1) Not all VMs have both: the build and the sources. Example,
https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/job/Cog%20Mac%20Cocoa/   has
only the sources. But
https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/job/Cog%20Mac%20Carbon/
 has both. If someone follows this:
http://code.google.com/p/cog/wiki/CMakeVMMaker
then such info is incorrect.

2) We are mixing "Release" VMs from experiments. I would create two Hudson
tabs
  2.1) one for Cog, where we have the "release" VMs. This means, things like
Cog Mac Carbon, Cog Mac Cocoa, Cog Unix, CogMT Mac Cocoa, MT Cog Unix, Stack
VM Unix, StackVM Mac Carbon, StackVM Mac Cocoa, etc.

  2.2) One for experiments, like: Check cogvm.unthinkable.org, Cog Git
Tracker (cog-osx), Cog Git Tracker (sig-cog), Cog.FreeBSD.unthinkable,Sista

Only if we do that, we will be able to use Hudson like a place to say to
users to download a VM. Otherwise, we cannot. There are several targets and
they are confusing.

Cheers

--
Mariano