[Vm-dev] Re: VM Maker: VMMaker-oscog-dtl.63.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu Apr 21 16:29:27 UTC 2011

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011, stephane ducasse wrote:

> David
>
> would you mind trying to save on SmalltalkHub in a dummy project the file that drives you mad?
> Because like that we can make sure SmalltalkHub handles well such a situation.

As I noted here (and elsewhere) already, squeaksource.com is running slow
code, on a slow VM, on a slow machine. I built a squeaksource image on my
pc (2.4 GHz Core2), using Squeak 4.3 + the latest CogVM. Uploading
is very fast, creating a diff (which is possibly responsible for the
slow behavior of squeaksource.com) is a subsecond operation even for large
packages (>=1MB).

AFAIK SmalltalkHub doesn't send emails with diffs yet, and
http://smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr/ is down at the moment.

Levente