[Vm-dev] How to generate a consistent iOS and Unix VM?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 08:32:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Stefan Marr <squeak at stefan-marr.de> wrote:

> Hi Mariano:
>
> On 20 Apr 2011, at 20:47, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > Only CogVMs are in Git, not Interpreter VM.
> Ok, good to know. Thanks.
>
> > Sorry, I cannot help there. But if you can live with a StackVM (which if
> fact I think it may be good for iPhone/iPad), I think all the necessary
> information you need are explained in this two posts:
> Well, I do not really care about the interpreter VM itself, I just want to
> avoid unnecessary Cog/StackVM specific changes (like the heartbeat thread).
> In the end, I want to run on both cores of the iPad, with the RoarVM.
> That is the goal, and we have a proof of concept that works, but it is an
> unsustainable mess and needs to get integrated into our mainline of code.
>
> Any hits on which code-base to chose for that are very welcome.

 CogVMs' platform code is in GIT AND in SVN cog branch.  Interpreter VM is
in the trunk sVN.
Esteban is the Squeak VM Mac maintainer. If you download the latest code
from svn or git and it doesn't work with the latest of VMMaker, send an
email, and hopefully Esteban or someone will try to fix it.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com