[Vm-dev] How to generate a consistent iOS and Unix VM?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:18:32 UTC 2011

On 22 April 2011 14:33, Stefan Marr <squeak at stefan-marr.de> wrote:

> Again: why can't I set platformsDir to a path of my chose, which *eventually* will contain the right code? The code generation does not seem to depend on it.

good point.
The source code generator don't needs platform files.
The cmake configuration generation needs only a dir name (so it will
generate configs which pointing to that path).
But the problem is (if i remember correctly ), that i use platforms
path as a default anchor point , starting from which, all other
directories are assigned by default.

So, if you set only platform sources path, then you will get:

root:

 platforms/..

build:

platforms/../build

src:

platforms/../src

etc.

Therefore, since code generator writes files to src and build dirs,
you cannot leave platforms dir unspecified.

But of course, when you specify all output dirs by yourself , then it
should not force you to use valid (existing) platforms dir anymore.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.