[Vm-dev] Re: VM Maker: VMMaker-oscog-dtl.63.mcz

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 17:19:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 2011-04-21 um 19:46 schrieb Igor Stasenko:
>
> > […]
> > yes, but what about data contained in image? or there is no such? i am
> > totally ignorant about squeaksource.
>
> It should be no that hard, but the last times I tried
> I fached the problem to try migrating the data to
> GemStone using SIXX, which blowed the SIXX engine :/.
> Is there a feasible data exchange? If yes, I would focus
> on that and help bringing SqueakSources to newer versions.

Sorry my ignorance, but why you need a serializer ? I mean...the data of
squeaksource is not just a bunch of .mcz in the server that can be easily
copied?
which "data" is stored in the squeaksource image?  history?  which kind of
objects ?

We (Martin mostly) are developing a fast binary  object serializer, kind of
Parcels, called Fuel. http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Fuel
Do you think it can help ?

Thanks

--