[Vm-dev] '-DNDEBUG=0' and '-DDEBUGVM=1'

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 07:53:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Stefan Marr <squeak at stefan-marr.de> wrote:

> Hi Mariano:
>

> On 26 Apr 2011, at 02:05, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > Hi guys. I don't know why but with CMakeVMMaker the asserts are not
> working.  I can see the flags are being set correct in CmakeList.txt:
> >
> > -DNDEBUG=1
>
> I think Igor and Eliot already answered the question,

Hi Stefan. No, they didn't answer, or yes, they answer but I am so newbie
that I don't see it. My question was why I didn't see in the gdb console
those outputs of those asserts. If I am compiling with -DNDEBUG=1  I expect
the asserts() to be evaluating. And even more, asserta() seems to evaluates
always. So...why if I did this:

lookupMethodInClass: class
    | currentClass dictionary found |
    <inline: false>
    self asserta: '42' = 'cuarenta y tres'.
    self assert: 'mariano' = 'esta perdido'.
    self print: 'grrrr'; cr.

and compile the vm and I fire up an iamge...why only 'grrr' is printed ??
The TWO previous assert are ignored, even the asserta()

If this was answered I thanks someone that could explain it again for me :)

thanks in advance

Mariano

--
Mariano