[Vm-dev] primitiveSetGCSemaphore puzzle

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:46:11 UTC 2011

I am a bit puzzled with this primitive.
There is no sender of #setGCSemaphore: semaIndex in image,

and VM seems like using it for signaling semaphore as a post-GC action.

I expected that it is finalization process, which should use that
guy.. but no, it just using special objects array indice:

restartFinalizationProcess

	FinalizationSemaphore := Smalltalk specialObjectsArray at: 42.

Apparentlly , each time we have GC, the finalization semaphore is signaled.

So, it makes me wonder, how it working because i see that VM signals
semaphore in postGCAction, which should be set by the mentioned
primitive.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.