[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] new Cog VMs available

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 18:18:51 UTC 2011

Hi Eliot,

This is great news. I am totally happy that I can get accurate
coverage data again :-)

Unfortunately there is a new problem: The VM sometimes crashes when
running the coverage analysis. I am using the same test setup
(http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/job/PetitParser/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/petitparser.zip)
that I described in my previous mail. Using the TestRunner about 1 in
5 times running the coverage analysis on AST-Tests-Semantics crashes
the VM. Programmatically it also happens, but even less often:

   runner := TestRunner new.
   runner categoryAt: 8 put: true.
   runner runCoverage

I've also attached the "crash.dmp" the VM generates.

Anyway, cog rocks. Thanks a lot for your continuous efforts on making
it the best Smalltalk VM out there.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli