[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] jenkins cog - slow monticello on osx

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 12:40:30 UTC 2011

On 26 August 2011 13:30, Tudor Girba <tudor at tudorgirba.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since a couple of weeks I am working with the Cog VM built on Jenkins:
> https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/Cog-Mac-Cocoa/
>
> Here is a little feedback. It worked quite well, the only problem is that Monticello is really slow in the Moose image. This means that even opening the Monticello Browser takes several seconds.
>
> I thought that this might be induced by something in the Moose image, but if I try with the Elliot's VM (2489), it works blazingly fast.

Thanks for the  information, Tudor.
Apparently the difference between Eliot's VM and Cog-Mac-Cocoa that
they are using different frameworks
(Carbon vs Cocoa)
and i don't know too much details about the difference there.
John or Esteban may have better insights how to fix that.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.