[Vm-dev] Re: VMs don't compile on Lion

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri Aug 26 23:16:57 UTC 2011

UPDATE: I successfully compiled the Cog Jit VM on Lion (in Pharo 1.3) with
the following:

(ConfigurationOfCog project version: '3.0') load.
CogCocoaIOSConfig generateWithSources.

Note on loading the Metacello project:
    - Wrong way: as Igor mentioned, #latestVersion is *not* a good way to
load the Metacello version. In this case it was ~50 versions behind in one
package. Ideally, I think this should be updated because Metacello
convention is to use #latestVersion (soon to be called #stableVersion),
although I realize everyone involved is overworked and this may be too much
to ask.
    - Right way: see what version is compatible with your version of the
sources by seeing which version is used in codegen-scripts/LoadVMMaker.st

If anyone wants to build the VM before Esteban gets home and checks in his
latest changes:
* whenever you get an "error: AGL/gl.h: No such file or directory", go into
that source code file and change the directory, so it reads "OpenGL/gl.h"
* for the useTempMem error, see
http://forum.world.st/compiling-B3DAcceleratorPlugin-on-Lion-td3704915.html

HTH,
Sean