[Vm-dev] Install squeak on BSD x64

Aleksej Saushev asau at inbox.ru
Sat Aug 27 18:58:36 UTC 2011

<bronta at rambler.ru> writes:

> Sorry. Did not understand clearly what do you mean? I can install squeak vm via pkgsrc utility?

Yes, exactly. I tried building Squeak VM on NetBSD 5.1 amd64, and it built,
I couldn't test it, since I don't have X11 on that machine (it isn't mine).
Nevertheless I expect Squeak VM to build on FreeBSD/amd64.

> Actually I'm not very experienced FreeBSD user and never used pkgsrc utility. But why not to try?
> I will try it soon and then report you my results:)

If you need assistance with pkgsrc, you can ask it further on
pkgsrc-users at netbsd.org or in private.

--
HE CE3OH...